Education Boat Cruises
If you are looking for an alternative class outing for your school, look no further. Cruise Toronto prides its self on hosting fully interactive, enjoyable student educational programs. Each year we carry over 5000 students on an exciting adventure, teaching your students different elements involved in sailing a tall ship.
When you step aboard one of our Tall Ships in Toronto’s waterfront, you and your students will be entering another world. There is a new language to learn, navigational instruments to discover, along with the names of the sails that catch the wind to power the vessel.
During the educational cruise students will:
- Assist the crew in sailing the ship as they work together raising and lowering the sails
- Hear about Maritime, Toronto Harbourfront and history of the Great Lakes.
- Spend time with the captain at the wheel driving the ship
- Calculate water depth and boat speed using traditional techniques
- Test a water sample from Toronto Harbour.
Our crew customizes each program to ensure your group’s needs are met, as they travel through and learn from different ship stations throughout the boat. This program provides a hands-on experience that your class will never forget. Don’t miss this opportunity to have this exciting and educational cruise on the open waters of Lake Ontario and Toronto Harbour.
- Tall Ship Sailing Season: May to September
- Duration of Education Program: 1.5 hours
- Cost of Education Program: $22.40 + HST per person